A Little Introduction

Hello, my name is Sunset.

Well, it actually isn't, but it's a whole lot more interesting than my actual name. Yeah, I think I prefer this name: Sunset. It makes me think of breezy mornings and grey clouds with little tinges of red around the corners and.....

Sorry, got a little sidetracked there. That happens a lot actually, and then I start rambling and talking about anything and everything and then somebody tells me to shut up and stop talking because nobody's actually listening and then-

.....

I just did it again, didn't I?

(🎵Oops, I did it again...🎵)



__________________________________________________________________________

I think I better tell you all a little bit about myself, because if I just leave you with the above paragraph odds are you'll all think I'm a little bit odd, in which case I don't think you'd be that far off the mark....

First Quirk:


 
I smell books before I read them.

Is that weird? I don't really think it is, but I know first-hand that some people would disagree. But I take the viewpoint that we, as human beings, associate smells with specific moments of our lives. For example: the smell of turkey and ham makes you think of Christmas, the smell of fear and desperation makes you think of high school (I kid, of course. Sort of)....and so the smell of pages and ink makes me think of books. Some really great books, too. Wouldn't it be amazing to be able to step into any book you wanted? I'd go to Hogwarts, and then the Institute, the Shire, maybe Panem as long as I don't get Reaped....


Second Quirk:
 
                                                           

I can be very, very, very honest. And sometimes this gets me in trouble.

I don't know if this should be classified as a quirk or not, but I'm going to say that it is. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't dream of deliberately just being outright rude or mean to somebody, but honesty can sometimes be a very tricky thing and I have had to get myself out of some tight spots due to my tendency to 'speak the truth' on several occasions.....


Third Quirk:
                                   
             
Sarcasm is my native language.

I actually don't mean to do this. Being sarcastic has now become almost like a reflex to me, it's impulsive and I do it without thinking. So prepare yourselves for a whole lot of it on this blog, folks, because if you think I can be verbally sarcastic.....boy, are you in for a treat.


Final Quirk:
                                              


I can be quite eccentric.

I love theatre and performing and being onstage, and sometimes I think my brain confuses everyday life with a full-scale production. It's not my fault, it's just sometimes I get quite restless and have to be doing something and when I'm happy I like to let people know. And sometimes I may or may not come across a bit...strong, shall we say.....I can't help it, it's who I am, and I'm sorry but if you don't like it suck it up, sweet cheeks.
____________________________________________________________________________

So that's it: a basic summary of moi. 

Looking over it, I suppose it's not really what most people say when introducing themselves. I mean, I started off with I smell books for crying out loud.

But at the end of the day, I'm not changing a thing because....


                                                     





Au revoir, Internet! Until we meet again.....

- Sunset xx







Comments

  1. I just read your writing blurb and it sounds interesting. Writing a good description that catches interest is a skill, I've always thought, and that one works. Best of luck with your WIP, looking forward to hearing more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg! I've been working really hard on my current WIP, and to see such a positive response to my synopsis means the world to me. Thanks for your positivity, and hopefully I'll see you around the blogosphere!

      Delete
  2. This is the introductory post to beat all introductory posts!

    I didn't realise there were other people of such similarity to myself - especially in that the smell of books is perhaps the sole reason as to why I love visiting book shops.

    You've got such warming, friendly way of putting words across - I look forward to future posts!

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you really think so? Thanks so much, I'm really flattered ("who's blushing? Not me, no way...").

      Oh, and preach on the whole 'book smelling' front. As I've said before, it's a little bit of an addiction of mine...

      Thanks for visiting, Kate! I really appreciate you taking the time to comment (or, you know, read my post at all) so thank you and hopefully I'll see you again around the blog!

      Delete
  3. Well hey! Haha I loved reading about your quicks. This was a funny and light post to read about you! Well done, sunset! I've smelt books before too :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! This book smelling thing seems to relate to quite a lot of people.... maybe I am relatively normal after all.

      Delete
  4. !!! HOLD ON. There are people who don't smell books before reading them?? Sometimes I decide whether or not to buy a book based on how it smells like I thought this was a normal thing.
    Okay looking at your quirks I'm about 99% convinced we're twins separated at birth. xD By the way, I just discovered your blog, and it's fantastic!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a sweet comment! Thank God I'm not the only book-sniffer around here...a lot of people seem to share this 'quirk' with me!

      Delete
  5. love all your quirks...I can relate so hard, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see that I'm not the only one! Thanks for dropping by, Rachel!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts