Monday, 11 July 2016

The Beautiful People Tag


                                        10928109_595959117172101_1450331761_n


Hello, my beautiful people! So I've decided to participate in my second tag on this blog (if you're interested, you can find the first one here), and it's the Beautiful People Tag! 

This is hosted by Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky @ Further Up and Further In, and I highly recommend checking out their blogs.

Alright then, without further delay, let's get this started!

I am going to be writing my post about one of my personal favourite characters in my current WIP: A feisty warrior-girl that I have mentioned before, Kennedy Chang.

1. Do they want to get married and/or have children? Why or why not?


For Kennedy, marriage and kids are not her number one priority. She is very passionate about her career and protecting the people she loves, so any thoughts about having a family or getting married are pushed aside for the time being. Although someone may come along and change all of that......*winky face*




2. What is their weapon of choice? (It doesn't necessarily have to be a physical weapon.)


Enchanted sai swords that have been blessed by Haniel, the angel of love and beauty :)


3. What’s the nicest thing they’ve done for someone else, and why did they do it?

 
Um, I don't know if this counts, but she basically revived my protagonist (Simon) and saved him from an eternity as a part-demon servant of darkness. I won't get into it too much, but she used an antidote and her own (angelic) blood to repel the demon venom in his veins. She did it because she felt responsible for what happened to him, but I can't say more than that. But little did she know that bringing Simon back would have major consequences....*yet another winky face*

 
 

 

4. Have they ever been physically violent with someone, and what instigated it?

 
Kennedy? Violent? No way, what could possibly make you think that? Just because a person carries enchanted sai swords wherever they go and wears protective vests under all of their clothes doesn't mean that they're violent.....



 

5. Are they a rule-follower or a rebel?

 
She started off as a strict rule-follower, but eventually she begins to see that sometimes the rules must be broken, for the greater good.

 

6. Are they organized or messy?

 
Kennedy is very organised. She likes everything to be in place, and she likes knowing where everything goes and where everything is. Oh, and she hates anyone touching her stuff. She'll literally behead you if you touch her special mug. It's big, it's red and it's all hers.

 
 
 

7. What makes them feel loved, and who was the last person to make them feel that way?

 
Kennedy hasn't had a very easy life. Her father was killed in a mass-murder carried out by the demons and her mother found it painful to love her, as she was a constant reminder of the love she had lost. So to be able to let someone in, to let someone love her...it would take a lot. But the last person to genuinely make her feel loved was someone she had been having a secret relationship with, but had to break off because of......NO! I'm not going to say it because spoilers. And I know that I'm horrible and I say that all the time, but trust me when I say that that's a big part of the storyline and I can't say anymore. I'm sorry!
 
   

 

 8. What do they eat for breakfast?


 Pretty basic, actually: Toast and tea. Kennedy isn't really a fussy girl. But she does drink a lot of tea...

9. Have they ever lost someone close to them? What happened?


Her father was murdered when her mother was pregnant with her, and so she grew up never knowing him. Her mother burned all of the pictures she had of him (except one: she kept it under her pillow) and couldn't love her daughter because she reminded her too much of the man she had lost....

....Or was that the real reason? (Dun Dun DUNN)
 
   

 

 

10. What's their treat of choice?

 
 Kennedy really likes sugar cubes. I know that's random (not to mention unhealthy), but because she has to keep herself in peak condition for her job (killing demons, basically) she only eats sugar as a treat. And she LOVES putting sugar cubes in tea, despite only being allowed to do it every once in a while. I could not do that: if I didn't have my mug of hot chocolate before I went to bed, I'd go crazy.



So that's that. My entry for The Beautiful People Tag. What do you think of Kennedy? Will you be participating in the tag? Do you share any quirks or personality traits with my beloved character? As always, I'd love to hear what you think in the comments section below.

But for now, my beautiful people...

Farewell, Internet!

- Sunset xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, this story sounds really intriguing!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kennedy sounds like a really cool character. I love the part about her protectiveness over that red mug; I like her already. <3

    Melissa @ Quill Pen Writer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touch the mug, she'll end you :) Thanks for such a lovely comment, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm visiting with the BP link-up. ^ ^ Kennedy sounds like a fun if not a big tragic character. The whole demon venom being cured by angel blood sounds really interesting. Is this book set in our world or a fantasy one. It sounds really interesting! Best wishes writing!

    My BP: http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2016/07/beautiful-people-19-elasa.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Victoria! Yeah, my book is set in modern-day Chicago and the whole fantasy world is hidden in the dark corners of the city and concealed from mortals.

      In my book, demonic venom in human blood is deadly unless the infected person is Marked with a specific mark. When Kennedy saves Simon, she injects him with angelic blood to repel the poison effect of the demon venom, and Marks him so that he can survive the process. It's a big weird, but you'll get your head around it :)

      Delete