Villainous Visuals #1


Hello, my beautiful people! I recently took part in A Novel Idea, which challenged me to create collages for some of my characters from my current WIP, Guardians. I had such an amazing time doing it, and I found it not only really fun to do but also really helpful for me being able to get a mental image of my characters, both inside and out.

And so it got me thinking: why not do it again?

So from this spawned the inspiration for (what I hope will be) a series on this blog, Villainous Visuals. This is where I create collages and write a mini-description on villains/antagonists from my novel in order to a) educate you fine people on the many bad, bad people in my book and b) to help me understand them better. Because the thing about villains is that they are always better when they are complex, well-thought out and have a certain depth to them that only comes from knowing them better than you know your best friend.

Why have I decided to do villains? The answer is simple: There are a lot of them in my book. I mean, a lot. Some 'good guys' can even be considered villainous, and really there is no clean-cut, perfect knight in shining armour in Guardians: everybody is just a mess of personal agendas and raging emotions barely preventing themselves from throttling each other. What fun.

So first up for the dissecting table we have one of the main antagonists in my WIP (at least, in the first book she is). Her name is Victoria Rosewood, and she is.....interesting. If you find demonic lords with a slight obsession with hats interesting, that is.

Disclaimer: Images are not my own, I borrowed them from a good friend I like to call Google, but I myself created this collage so enjoy! (hopefully)






Name:  Victoria Jean Rosewood
Occupation:  Demon Lord of the Chicago Circle

Victoria is one of my favourite characters to poke inside the head of. She is fiercely ruthless, downright vicious and completely merciless....but only because she had to be.

Forced into a position of power at a young age, Victoria had to grow up very quickly and learn how to be responsible not only for herself, but also for her people. All of her life, she was taught to show no mercy, to show no fear and above all to rule with an iron fist. Her parents always knew that she would be the one to rule out of their two children: Victoria was always the one they put pressure on, that they pushed to her limits in order for her to achieve the greatness that they knew was within her reach.

As a result, Victoria began to harbour a resentment towards her parents that caused her to rebel against them. Her brother, Dante, warned her to proceed with caution but she refused to listen, and eventually her secret rebellion against her parents escalated....with heart-breaking consequences.

Ever since then, Victoria vowed to show no compassion and no mercy - just like she'd been taught. She promised herself that she would never become that vulnerable, or allow herself to become that attached to someone. Ever.

From that moment onwards, Victoria never let herself love again.


I really wish that I could tell you all what exactly happened to Victoria, but it's a massive spoiler so I can't. And I know I say that all of the time, and I know you're all probably sick of it, so I apologise for that but trust me I can't say anything.

On a different note, I had so much fun doing this! Gosh, I really do want to make this a thing on this blog. Would you guys be interested in that, or am I wasting my time? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below, because I would love to do this again.

Farewell, Internet!


- Sunset xx 






















































Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hopefully there'll BE more! :) Thank you for your feedback, Ellie <3

      Delete
  2. I think a good villain is far more interesting that a good protagonist :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so good! You have such a unique way of writing, and I love it. I'm really looking forward to more. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catie! Hopefully there'll be more: stay tuned!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts