Geek For Greek - The Greek Mythology Tag!


 
 
Hey there, humans. I have been tagged by the lovely Ellie to participate in the Greek Mythology Tag, which I am so excited to do because of the inner, barely-concealed mythology geek inside me that is practically screaming YES YES ZEUS COMMANDS YOU, PUNY HUMAN, TO DO THIS POST!

Therefore, without any further delay....UNLEASH THE GREEK GOD OF GEEKS!

*alliteration makes me smile, okay?*


ZEUS (JUPITER), GOD OF THE SKY + THUNDER, KING OF GODS: FAVORITE BOOK (CHOOSE YOUR OWN CATEGORY!)
 
 
Okay, I found it really difficult to pick my FAVOURITE book so I just picked one of them: Artemis Fowl is sassy, a total genius, and the portrayal of his mental illness in this is, I think, so very well done. If I could, I would've picked the entire series but hey, pick and choose your battles.


HERA (JUNO), GODDESS OF MARRIAGE AND FAMILY: CUTEST BOOK COUPLE
 
Image result for yann and sido
 
 
Yann and Sido. Syann. Not going to lie, some tears might have been shed over these two. I just loved how Sido was her own person and how she stayed strong where others might have fallen and begged, and how Yann was willing to risk everything for her. AHHHH LOVEITLOVEITLOVEIT!

POSEIDON (NEPTUNE), GOD OF THE SEAS AND EARTHQUAKES: BOOK THAT DROWNED YOU IN FEELS
 
Image result for oys dont cry malorie blackman
 
This is an amazing book. It explores the prejudice against teenage parents, but more so against the fathers. It shows how loving a child and devoting your life to raising them is hard, and a lot harder when you're a teenager, and also it hints at other types of prejudice in the world. Love this, love this, you go Malorie Blackman! 

ATHENA (MINERVA), GODDESS OF WISDOM, HANDICRAFT, AND STRATEGIC WARFARE: SERIES WITH THE BEST WORLDBUILDING

 
 
PATRICK NESS.
 
Enough said.
 
HADES (PLUTO), GOD OF THE UNDERWORLD: FAVORITE BOOK WITH A DARK/OMINOUS PLOT
 
Image result for tinder sally gardner
 
This book is so very very creepy. I got chills the first time I read it, and needless to say I am now a big fan of the horror/fantasy genre. But of course, I should've known the book would be good: My beautiful goddess Sally Gardner wrote it.

APHRODITE (VENUS), GODDESS OF LOVE AND BEAUTY: FAVORITE BOOK COVER ON A 2016 RELEASE
 
Image result for lady midnight
 
I haven't managed to read this yet, but as a big fan of the Mortal Instruments I cannot wait to get my hands on it! JUST LOOK AT THAT COVER!
 
 
ARES (MARS), GOD OF WAR AND BLOODSHED: MOST VIOLENT BOOK YOU'VE EVER READ
 
 
I recently started getting back into the crime genre, and WOWZA. This did not disappoint. Warning: got a weak stomach? Then don't even THINK of reading the Moses-gets-face-fried-via-stove scene. Trust me, it's graphic.

HEPHAESTUS (VULCAN), GOD OF BLACKSMITHS AND FIRE: BIGGEST FICTIONAL CRUSH
 
 
Artemis Fowl: Cunning, ruthless, highest IQ in Europe, IRISH, total badass....
 
My friend once asked me if I could date anyone in the world, who would it be, and I replied 'Artemis Fowl, of course'. She asked who it was, and to answer I just looked towards the bookshelves (we were in the library) and whispered 'a fictional angel'.
 
*heh heh Artemis is anything but an angel. READ THE SERIES DAMMIT!*
 

ARTEMIS (DIANA), GODDESS OF THE HUNT AND VIRGINITY: FAVORITE KICKASS HEROINE

Image result for Daenerys Targaryen
 
Daenerys is a total badass who knows what she wants and how to get it, but also how to be fair and to show compassion for others. And that is hard to come by, because most people think that a characters has to be unfeeling and cold in order to be strong (which is bullshit).

 
PHOEBUS APOLLO (APOLLO), GOD OF LIGHT AND HEALING: SEQUEL BOOK THAT REDEEMED ITS SERIES
 
I have to admit, I really did not like this series. Ally Carter has always been a bit lukewarm with me, but the second book in this series was actually pretty good....and that was it.

HERMES (MERCURY), MESSENGER GOD OF THIEVES + COMMERCE: BOOK WITH THE BEST MESSAGE
 
Desiderata
 
My English teacher gave me this as a gift, and while it is a poem I still think it carries a beautiful message: strive to be happy in your life.

HESTIA (VESTA), GODDESS OF THE HEARTH AND HOME: MOST RELATABLE BOOK
 
Image result for rest of us just live here patrick ness
 
While I obviously couldn't relate to the fantasy aspects of the book because, sadly, I am not a wizard or a demigod or anything in between, and although I cannot relate to Mikey's metal illness in the book, I can relate to being a nobody and to being on the outside of some 'main' characters in real life. Because, and this is the main message of the book, not everybody is the Chosen One. And that's okay.

DEMETER (CERES), GODDESS OF FERTILITY AND AGRICULTURE: FAVORITE BOOKISH SETTING

Image result for The Red necklace

History + Fantasy + YANN AND SIDO + a magic dwarf = I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK and the setting is to die for. It goes between revolutionary Paris to London and back. *sigh*

DIONYSUS (BACCHUS), GOD OF WINE AND CELEBRATION: 2016 RELEASE YOU ARE MOST ANTICIPATING
 
 
You know, when the books come out, I'll do all in my power to get my hands on them. But I honestly can't answer this, because THERE ARE SO MANY AHHH!
 
 
 
This was such a brilliant tag to do, and I can only hope that those I nominate to do it too will enjoy it as much as I have!
 
 
I tag Cait, Autumn, Brook, and Olivia 
 
 
Good luck, nominees, and if anybody else out there wants to take a shot at it then go ahead!
 
 
- Sunset xx
 
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

  1. YOU'RE AN ARTEMIS FOWL FAN? AND PATRICK NESS? SUNSET, WE ARE NOW BEST FRIENDS.

    Although I personally wouldn't be dating Artemis, I think it'd be terribly annoying. Like you know how you can be in love with someone from one side of the glass then when you meet them you want to murder them? I'd be his friend, like Holly, because then you could slam the door in his face and it's all good. BUT GOODNESS I LOVE HIM ANYWAYS.

    And Patrick Ness. *screams* *SCREAMS* (TODD AND VIOLA. TODD AND VIOLA. JUST ASDFHJKL!!!) And I totally loved The Red Necklace, but wasn't a huge fan of the second book? Too much magic for me, I think, and *whispers* I didn't love Sido because she could be sort of a damsel in distress? But it's been a good three or so years since I last read it so I could be wrong.

    Ugh, I'm still thinking of Artemis Fowl AND MY LOVE FOR HIM CANNOT BE CONTAINED IN CAPS LOCK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARTY! Good grief, I have been emotionally scarred by that boy. I think dating him would be quite the experience, and think about it...as his girlfriend I'd get to go on all of his cool adventures with him and witness the innermost workings of his brilliant mind....

      But yeah, I'd probably murder him. ("He had it comin' DUN DUN, he had it comin'....*theatre reference*)

      PATRICK NESS IS THE GOD OF MY LITERARY RELIGION AND I WILL WORSHIP HIM UNTIL THE END OF TIME.

      Delete
  2. I'm currently writing the post up, so it will be out soon! Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Can't wait to see your post!

      Delete
  3. Lady Midnight was sooo good! I was a tad skeptical of how it would compare to all of the other Shadowhunter books, but I was most pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to see what you think of it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to get my hands on that book! I love the Shadowhunter universe, and if its as good as TID or TMI then SIGN ME UP!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts