Tuesday, 13 December 2016

Personal Purgatory



Image result for heavenly gates


Let the bullets rain down from heaven above
.
Let the Lord judge me for what I have done.

For I've walked through fire just to taste the pain,

And you called me brave.


But when I tried to extinguish the flames,

You sent me away.

And if I am a sinner for the life I have lived,

Then sentence me for the crimes I so willingly commit.


Expel me, the fallen angel, from grace.

And I will tumble to Earth with a smile on my face.


For from these disgraced ashes arose,

A phoenix in flame, a beautiful rose.

And if Heaven should shut its gates to me,

I will not worry,


For I'd rather be free.

                                                      ________________________


I wonder if anyone will be able to decipher my jumbled thoughts from this disorientated mess.

How are you beautiful people? I just finished my LAST EXAM today, and it was a nightmare. Thankfully, the weekend approaches, and from this nightmare of exam week I shall finally wake up and GET BACK TO THE BLOGOSPHERE.

(Ugh, I just remembered I have the dentist in the morning. What fun.)


Farewell, my beautiful people!


- Sunset xx



8 comments:

  1. This could be a song! Beautiful words. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This calls to mind Milton's Paradise Lost. "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven." If these words aren't coming from Satan, then it is certainly in that sort of defiant, freedom-at-any-cost spirit. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll use that quote in my book (with credit of course), because it's so good!

      Thanks for your comment! x

      Delete
  3. This is incredible...and I cannot decipher it. But I do not think it is meant to be

    ReplyDelete