Mystery Blogger Award + Random Facts About Me You Didn't Need To Know




Mystery Blogger Award


The amazing Adaline tagged me for this award, and I'm so excited to be doing it so a huge thank-you for nominating me!


The Rules
 

  • Put the award logo/image on your blog
  • List the rules
  • Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
  • Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
  • Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
  • You nominate 10 – 20 people
  • Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
  • Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify) (gonna cheat here and just re-use Adaline's because laziness)
  • Share a link to your best post(s)

“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. Award was created by Okoto Enigma @ Okoto Enigma. You should check the blog out!

Who is your all-time favourite book character? (and yes, i know it's torture, but you have to try to narrow it down to at least a few ;) )


Image result for magnus bane art picture portrait

WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME??!?

Okay, after much thought and deliberation, I have decided upon Magnus Bane from the Shadowhunter universe, mostly because he's awesomeness embodied and is a grade-A badass but also because he's unapologetically himself, and is so accepting of other people and proud of who is that I can't help but love him.


what writing style aggravates you the most? (ex: books heavy on the description, flowery prose, etc.)


I like to think I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to different writing styles, but books that use cliché descriptions just kind of aggravate me because it becomes so repetitive. Like no thanks, just keep your 'surfer-blonde hair' and about a million other clichés offered to us on a daily basis and shove them-

favourite book cover?


Image result for clockwork princess coverImage result for clockwork princecoverImage result for clockwork princecover


I'm going to cheat here...I love the cover of all Infernal Devices books, and they're all totally mesmerising. I mean, look at Jem; that 'don't-touch-me' expression and the badass jade cane...I recommend this series to everybody who asks (and most of the time, people don't but hush)

thoughts on the trend of pages being made super thin in order to make long books look smaller?


Sneaky, sneaky.

what book do you hate that you can't understand why everyone else loves?


Image result for paper towns book cover


Cute-patoot contemporaries aren't really my thing, but this book in particular I just....couldn't get into. I didn't really care for the main character, and it's a shame because I'd heard good things and thought if I dipped my toe into the murky waters that are contemporaries I might....not regret it....

Oh, how naïve I once was.

Random factoids about me:



1. I am terrified of aeroplanes, bees and customer service.

2. I once got myself locked inside a bathroom and my uncle had to remove the door handle to free the imprisoned me.

3. I've recently dyed my hair again, this time a lighter shade of brown with blonde through it. I have to say, I'm quite a fan of it.

Okay, so I nominate....

YOU!


Hail and farewell,

- Sunset xx


Comments

  1. Magnus is just so awesome! And The Infernal Devices covers are some of my all-time faves, too; I definitely can't choose a favorite out of the three because they're all so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the Infernal Devices covers are gorgeous, I have to agree!

    xoxo Abigail Lennah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are some of my favourites. They just capture the essence of the books and the characters so well....makes me kind of want to re-read them all.

      Delete
    2. Same. We should reread them together!

      xoxo abigail lennah

      Delete

Post a Comment