Recently + The End (Of Exams) Is Near


Image result for gif hi its me

I haven't posted in a century, and I don't want to insult everybody with some long-winded excuse so I'll say this: exams have arrived with a bang, and my studying has taken top priority for me and as a result my blogging has slipped. Slightly. For now.

But as the title of this post suggests, the end of the exam period is near! I have three more exams left to complete (History, Biology and Chemistry) before I get a little break, and then just when I begin to relax...I have internal assessments to complete. Then, at long last, I shall be free from the merciless grasp of examinations.

And so during this study-break (which I am adamant to take. I need to step away for a while before I fry my brain) I have written a list of what's been happening recently, and whether or not you asked for it, here goes nothing:

Bookology


Image result for reading book gif

Currently reading:

Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernières - I'm almost finished and this book is so beautiful. The setting is the island of Cephalonia during the Italian and German occupation of the Second World War. It's awesome, and from the first chapter I was swept away by it as I have personal ties to Greece and the imagery and description of the island brought back gorgeous and fond memories.

I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou - A remarkable book written by a remarkable woman. Read it, I implore you.

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - I DIDN'T WANT TO MISS OUT BECAUSE EVERYBODY'S SHOUTING ABOUT THIS BOOK. Also, I was quite wary of reading it because my expectations were so high after all the hype....I was not disappointed. I'm nearly finished, and these boys (and Blue, my sensible little muffin) already have taken their rightful places in my heart. And ripped it to pieces.

Netflix + TV Shows


Image result for shadowhunters tv show gif

Shadowhunters - MY CHILDREN ARE RETURNING JUNE 6th AND MY POOR HEART CANNOT TAKE THE WAIT. So much has gone down, and I honestly think that season 2b will be even better than 2a. They've improved so much since season 1 (which I'll admit was kind of disappointing). I'm begging you, if you gave up on season 1, give season 2 a try. I fell back in love with the show, just as I did with the books, and June cannot arrive fast enough.

Image result for how to get away with murder gif

How To Get Away With Murder - A new favourite, and I can't get enough of it. Seriously, my sleeping schedule was severely disrupted for a while when I first started watching, but I've since gained some self control because....you know...exams and stuff. Connor is my favourite morally-grey character in the world, VIOLA DAVIS IS A GIFT TO HUMANITY SOMEONE MAKE THIS LADY PRESIDENT, and to top it all off? Wes Gibbens. If anybody hurts him I will literally dissolve in a pool of my own tears.

Image result for the 100 show gif



The 100 - This season has not disappointed me thus far. So much has gone down, so many twists and turns, I don't even know if half of my children are going to survive and I NEED TO KNOW. Also, I really need Bellarke to happen this season. I just do. And I need Octavia to survive and Monty and JUST STOP KILLING MY KIDS.

Purchases


Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare - ASDFGHJKL I love the Shadowhunter Chronicles so very much, and this latest instalment is going to be a great read. I already know. But I've heard something devastating happens at the end....and I don't want to be shattered like I was with book one...*gulp*

The Assassin's Creed Trilogy - I picked this up on a whim because the games are just so damn good and I hope these books will be too...the covers are pretty anyway so fingers crossed!


I have a history exam tomorrow, so away I go to study now. Wish me luck, and I'll see you on the other side (of exam season).

- Sunset xx

Comments

  1. During last Thanksgiving, I got so bored I decided to go onto the Assassin's Creed Wikia and read some of its pages for two whole hours. The premise is intriguing, but I can't stand fighting games a lot and have shied away from it. I should probably read more Maya Angelou... although now everytime I think of her, I keep thinking Rent because some of the musical's lyrics. I hope the remainder of your examples go well for you!

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abigail! Games aren't for everyone, but I do agree that Assassin's Creed's story is very intriguing. I've also fallen down the rabbit hole of wikia one upon a time. MAYA ANGELOUS IS GREAT, I highly recommend reading her!

      Delete
  2. GOOD LUCK WITH EXAMS. YOU CAN DO IT, GIRL.

    Maya Angelou is one of my favorite poets/writers, dear Lord. Her memoir is so powerful and stunning <3 ahhhh, I'm a bit of a black sheep on The Raven Boys, but The Dream Thieves is S O G O O D. It murdered me, man. And I'll never be over Noah. Currently, I'm reading Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh, which I'm debating DNFing??

    I might have to try How to Get Away With Murder! I've been binging Scishow and Peaky Blinders. Do you think I could watch Shadowhunters without reading the books? I want to watch it, but I don't want to read the books.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can watch without reading the books. They don't stick to them very rigidly, and I kind of like that because the things they've added in are so goooood. Season 1 was a little underwhelming, not going to lie, but the rest of it is AWESOME, in my opinion.

      How To Get Away With Murder is seriously one of my all-time favourites. Annalise is a badass, and such a strong character that I fell in love with her as soon as she walked onscreen for the first time. There's so many plot twists and things that'll leave you inconsolable for days....so yeah definitely give it a go.

      ANGELOU IS AMAZING, and so far i'm loving The Raven Boys. I've never heard of Flame in the Mist....but if it's boring and tedious just throw it into the hellfire (kidding, obviously).

      Delete
  3. During last Thanksgiving, I got so bored I decided to go onto the Assassin's Creed Wikia and read some of its pages for two whole hours.

    แคมฟรอก

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fascinating story, right?

      Delete

Post a Comment