TV Shows That Are Taking Over Me + I'M GOING ON HOLIDAYS TOMORROW WHICH MEANS HIATUS TIME


Image result for i love tv gif

I'm sure that by now, if you've been reading this blog for a while (and if not, hello!) you've probably guessed that I'm fond of many, many things. For example, I really like mint-flavoured hot chocolate, which my family insists is repugnant. I have a certain amount of affection for anything with an owl on it (because they're my spirit animal with their big eyes, insomnia and easy-to-scare-ness).

Image result for merlin gif

Also, I love television shows. Mostly fantasy ones, although legal dramas are beginning to take up my recommendation list nowadays too. And I've decided that I'm going to throw them all at you wonderful people, because what's the fun in obsessions if you can't share them with others?

How To Get Away With Murder


Image result for how to get away with murder gif

I will forever recommend this show to everybody I meet. In a nutshell, a group of smarticle particles and their mildly-terrifying professor get tied up in a twisted murder case, as well as the murder that they themselves have committed, and have to deal with that whilst simultaneously taking cases, doing homework and making stupid decisions regarding their love life (Rebecca Sutter = literal ball of slime).
.
This show has got sass, it's got class, it's got fiercely intelligent people accidentally killing other people, and most importantly....it's got Viola Davis. 'Nuff said. (#MakeViolaPresident2k17)

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency


Image result for drk gentlys holistic detective agency gif

This show is so precious and so completely brain-boggling that I couldn't not put it on this list. The story follows Todd, a hotel bell-hop with a life that is slowly being flushed down the toilet, and begins with the day he gets fired from his job and discovers a grisly murder scene.

Shortly after, he meets Dirk Gently, a strange dude with a jacket brighter than my outlook on life and who claims to be a 'holistic detetctive' who deals in fate and coincidences and mysteries of the universe. Dirk enlists Todd as his assistant as they try to solve the murder, but soon it becomes a lot more than that.

Image result for drk gentlys holistic detective agency gif

I'm going to be honest with you: this show is the biggest mindf-ck I've ever experienced. The ending is so unpredictable, I CANNOT WAIT FOR SEASON 2, and the way everything connects and resolves is strange and you're going to need to follow closely (and do a bit of thinking) to wrap your head around it. Plus, it ended in a couple of completely mad situations that i'm dying to know the outcome of.

So yeah, please watch so I can share my shock.

Merlin


Image result for merlin gif
Merlin is a precious ball of sass

This is a new one for me. I'm currently half-way through the second season and although some of the CGI is a little cringe-worthy, as a self-confessed mythology geek I fell in love with the characters and the plot. Basically, this show follows the adventures of a teenage Merlin who arrives in Camelot to learn under his mentor, Gaius, about how to control his magical abilities.

Image result for merlin gif

However, in Camelot practicing magic is a crime and Merlin must keep his abilities hidden, whilst simultaneously using them to protect his (eventual) best friend and the prince of Camelot, Arthur, until he can take the throne and bring magic back to Camelot.

I love Arthurian legend, and I really love this show and how they put a unique spin on it. Just don't judge it immediately during the first season, because it was fairly low-budget, but the story is great.

Shadowhunters


Image result for shadowhunters tv gif season 2


I'll admit; season one of this show was a bit of a disappointment. But they got new showrunners in season two and completely kicked everything up a notch and now? It's honestly one of my favourite shows. I love the characters, the plot, the relationships and the shocking twists and turns of the storylines. The actors are amazing, especially Harry Shum Jr. (aka Magnus Bane) and Will Tudor (aka Sebastian).

I understand a lot of the book fans don't like how the show has changed some things, but I think it was necessary. What's the fun in watching a show if you know everything that's going to happen? Shadowhunters has just gone into Season 2B and so far, I'm loving it and highly recommend it (just, don't judge on the sub-par season 1).


Do you watch any of these shows? Have I convinced you to join the dark side of television? Tell me, and don't be afraid to mention some of your favourite shows too (I'm always looking for new stuff to watch).

Also, I'll be on a two-week hiatus due to my family going on holiday abroad tomorrow. I'm so excited, and see you in two weeks!

- Sunset xx

Comments

  1. YES YES YES I want to watch Merlin soooo bad! I have to finish up all the seasons of Doctor Who before starting this one, so it will be awhile (CGI has improved immensely but tight TV budgets just kind of weakens the quality, but there's nothing we can do).

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've become resigned to the weak CGI, but the plot is so good that it makes up for it! I'd definitely recommend Merlin, though it took me a couple of episodes to get into and fully appreciate, but the worldbuilding is so good and the characters are brilliant. I've never watched Doctor Who, but my friend watches it like it's her religion :)

      Delete
  2. Merlin is such a good show!! Thanks for these suggestions, How To Get Away With Murder sounds absolutely fascinating. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, and HTGAWM is awesome. I highly recommend it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts